Wednesday, November 20, 2013

IM Journal: Day 3




Red cup = workout reward (as promised to myself). There will be many more of these to come I’m sure!
The hardest part of a morning workout is getting out of bed. After hitting the snooze button about 17 times (this is normal) I got myself up & to the pool. Once you jump in the water the hardest part is done!  My current goal for Master’s swim practice is to swim at least 1 mile (which I round up to 17 laps). Coach AB kindly reminded me this morning that I will need to be swimming 4000m (40 laps) for my Ironman training. I can’t even imagine! My highest lap count to date is 24… & it’s a slow 24.

I have been swimming for almost 2 years now & this sport is by far my weakest area of the triathlon. We have a LOT of work to do here!  However, I’ve actually started to enjoy swimming and really appreciate its cross-training value with running. Plus… I can see the sunrise while I’m in the water (yes, I took this):



Right!? Good morning, indeed.


Also, I had sent an email yesterday to IM Arizona to inquire about how many slots were available, how long it took to sell out, etc. so that I could provide some hard facts but no such luck. I was pleasantly surprised that they responded so quickly, but said that due to their policies they could not tell me any of that information. All I could get out of them was that “all slots were sold out within minutes”.  Boo.

PS- my knee has been feeling a little tendinitisy since the half marathon. I'm crossing my fingers that it's not coming back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment