Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quads & Coughs

Another half marathon under my belt J. At this point, I should say it’s just another training run under my belt on my bigger journey to my first FULL marathon in a few weeks. With my warm-up miles included I ran about 15 miles total today (same as last weekend) and am still very skeptical on how I’m going to make it to 26. I can only say that I enjoyed parts of the run, but luckily it seemed to fly by pretty fast. My brain was having a good day, but my mind & leg muscles have a LOT of work to do in the next few weeks!

I love admitting that half marathons are kind of no big deal now. I can hear myself slowly turning into a running snob, but I’m still on the safe side until you hear me say that I LOVE running marathons. Don’t hold your breath, y’all.

I was really hoping to set a PR today, but for not working out all week because I got sick AGAIN and still having a nasty cough, I was just glad to run at all & use this as my training run. It's so much easier when you're running with people! For any co-workers reading this or people who’ve been around me a lot this past week… I think you’ll back me up when I say my cough probably added at least 10 extra minutes to my time haha. AND…. AND… still no knee pain!!! I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll get the green light from my PT tomorrow to only come in once a week.

Hopefully I can get back into my regular training routine this week since I’m feeling better, but since I start my new job tomorrow we’ll see what happens with my schedule now J. If I have to miss swim practice I will absolutely not be upset about it. I AM looking forward to my bike workouts though since I have a new fancy-shmancy bike to ride! If you see a flash of white light go past you on the street… it’s probably someone else. I’ll be the not so flashy cyclist who looks like she just learned how to ride a bike.

Next race planned is the Marathon (LA - March 17) so I won’t have any races to blog about until then… just a lot of complaining about my quads & how my brain won’t ever shut off. Maybe swim practices will actually be preferred over running workouts before too long.

See ya out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment