Tuesday, January 15, 2013

(Still) All about that new new

2013… so far so GREAT! I knew right from the start that this is going to be a really really great year.

Like always, I start with overly-optimistic goals for what I want to accomplish throughout the year and realistically hope to cross off at least half of that list. I’ve been taken by surprise that so much has happened already and we’re only two weeks in. Aside from a very obnoxious sinus infection (I think I said “ohh I nevvvvver get sick” one too many times, so I had it coming), I’ve taken a job promotion at another company, am back into full triathlon training schedule thanks to my coach (yes, I have a coach now), have a recovered knee AND bought a new bike.

Holy.Cow. It’s been pretty wonderful.

I’ll get more into the job stuff later when I can officially announce what’s happening, and hopefully by that time I can talk about some other really sweet stuff that’s currently in the works ;)

For NOW, I’ll get back to the training since that’s the main purpose of the blog. I have a lot of goals this year – meaning a lot of races. I’m trying, for the second time, to run a full marathon in March as well as compete in a number of triathlons and a half IronMan. My goal is to podium at one of the races and ,while I know it’s a pipe dream, it would be so awesome to have that happen at Vineman. It would be the best birthday present EVER!  Also I’m determined to get the tripod headstand nailed down. Yes, that is a serious fitness goal I have.

So as you’ve read already, I’ve hired a coach to help me be adequately prepared for my races and to keep me accountable for my training. He definitely knows what he’s doing and I trust that if I follow his schedule (which is tough, by the way), I will be physically prepared and have the confidence to race at my full potential.  And a new race bike should help too :)

 I’ve also been going to physical therapy twice a week which is producing miraculous results with my knee. I ran 10 miles with no pain last weekend, which I'm stoked about considering since last September I have not been able to run over 6 without my knee acting up. Pretty incredible. We’ll see how it does in my first race of 2013 – a half marathon – this weekend! I’ll be wearing a tutu running through Disneyland… what could go wrong?

More updates coming soon, y'all :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Erica. You are an inspiration! I need to get back on that running train with you!

    ReplyDelete