Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mini Tri

Yesterday I did my own version of a mini-triathlon. I've been biking to/from work everyday (approx 7 miles round trip. Clocking over 30 miles during the week. Not like I'm keeping track.), and then did my usual Wednesday night 1K swim WITH the run this time. OK OK... not the whole run, but at least part of it. So I didn't do all 3 events together per say, but I did them all in less than a 12-hour period so I'm going to count it.

Needless to say... I'm tired. My BODY is tired. But last night I was in endorphin heaven!! #worthit (Yeah. I'm single in my mid-20s & get my kicks from swimming in seaweed & having helmet hair. Don't judge me.) Not only did I accomplish all 3 events *that I will eventually be good at* in 1 day, I knocked about 12 minutes off my swim time from last week and was still able to run. Again this does not mean that my time was good... it means my time was less embarrassing than the week before.

I cannot get over the fact that in less than 1 month, my swimming skills (while still less than mediocre) have improved SO dramatically! This is fantastic news for anyone who wants to start up swimming too, eh?? It's fantastic news for me at least because I'm totally motivated to get out there next week & take even MORE time off my swim and do the WHOLE run. Fingers crossed.

Gotta give another big shout out to the peeps. Yes, you. I know you're one person who might not think the thing you said/did made any sort of difference but it did! I mean... collectively... having so many encouraging words, tips and having so many people willing to put in the time to help me out is unreal. I'm feelin' the love, y'all!!!

I know I probably sound super lame getting excited over a not-so-great swim time & being able to ride a big girl bike, but that's where I'm at. I'm sure a lot of you are thinking "Aw. That's so cute. I remember my first race". Yeah yeah, I know. I'm still working on taking off the training wheels & floaties while you got 1st place in Iron Man 3 years in a row and qualify for the US Olympics. I GET IT. I'll get there too... eventually. Bear with me, just don't pity me.  :)  #laughatmypain

Back on track: I'm stoked. Tired, but stoked. I can only hope that my progress continues as it has been the past few weeks. I realize that there will be plateaus, but the fact that I'm actually doing what I set out to do... & can actually DO it is pretty great. Just don't ask me how I'm doing on an "off" day ;).

If I can still inject humor into it, I will still blog about it.

<3 E



No comments:

Post a Comment