Monday, April 23, 2012

Back For Good?

Yup. Back on the air. Back in business. Back back back.

I'm hoping that since I'm starting on a whole new journey I'll feel motivated to track my progress on a more or semi-regular basis. My last catalyst was tracking the joys of "fun"employment and now it's about the opposite. This is more about taming (or failing to tame) my wild ambition to accomplish a laundry list of goals, & then some goals on top on that.

I'm starting by making this my haphazard newb guide to "Signing Up for a Triathlon & Sticking to it Whether You Can Do It Or Not". Coming to a Barnes & Noble near you. #overlyambitious #whatwasithinking #stubbongermangenes

Since starting this journey I've picked many brains (thank you to my self-nominated mentors!) & Googled countless searches for guidance on what equipment to buy, the best way to train, etc. I may even have to consult a loan officer before this is over. So I have the equipment, have started to train... slowly & sporadically. I have yet to get in the water but like so many other decisions I make in life, I'm going to wait for the worst timing possible & just go for it without too much thought. Why change now?

In less than 2 days I'm going to jump straight into the freezing cold ocean, in a (possible) thunderstorm, with my way-too-tight wetsuit, with sharks *(there was one around here a week ago that killed a pregnant sea lion that my family made sure to mention to me multiple times & therefore when I say "sharks" I'm completely validated), and with having zero ocean swimming experience. What's the worst that could happen. I'M SO EXCITED!!

I can-not wait to report back on how this goes. This blog that will one day be made into a bestseller might actually be in the tragedy Comedy section instead of the Motivation/How-To section like I planned.

On a brighter note, not too worried about the running & biking parts #massivecalves. If there is any major worry it's not to eat s**t on my bike. Considering the amount of spasticness I possess, that's actually a pretty legit concern. Alright... keeping it short (by my standards) & sweet, & leaving you with the cliffhanger of whether there will be a blog post Wed/Thurs or not. *Disclaimer: I'm leaving for Stagecoach (woot!!) on Thursday so I may be too distracted to blog by thoughts of cowboys country music.

<3 E

*Tangent

No comments:

Post a Comment